Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

To set up and appointment please contact your advisor for the degree program you are interested in for a time that works for you and them.

Computer science deals with software and programming that run across machines; computer engineering deals more with hardware and design. You can find more information by reading our degree program descriptions.

The School of Engineering places a hold on all students every semester to assist students in meeting their academic and personal goals. To satisfy the requirements of your hold, you can schedule an appointment with your advisor.

A Lobo Trax degree audit is a report that will show what courses you need to take towards the completion of a degree. It also will show which courses have been transferred from another institution.

If you receive an “Instructor Permission Required” error message during registration you must email the course instructor to find out how you can register for their class.

If you receive this error during registration please contact your advisor to inquire about how to get into the course.

Use the course search function to find course descriptions in the online catalog at:

Please refer to the Curriculum Worksheet page to see what the degree requirements are for our undergraduate programs within UNM Engineering.